Headquarters: Remote – USA
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is is to make eCommerce easier for everyone.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We’re a team, built on trust.
- We’re proud to be remote.
- We’re in control of our own destiny.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced, entrepreneurial, creative, and analytical VP of Product to join our fast-growing, remote-only team of 70+ people.
*This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
AS TAXJAR’S VP OF PRODUCT YOU WILL
- Own and maintain the product vision through strong product leadership
- Immediately be involved in crafting strategy for the product to reach new customer segments
- Be the owner of all product initiatives, communicating through a strategic product roadmap
- Be a leader and manager of a growing team of product managers, UX designers, and tax research experts
- Be methodical in leading and evolving the organization’s product management processes
- Communicate and collaborate with all key stakeholders across the company, improving all cross functional product management efforts
- Be a decision maker through analysis of customer and product data that lead to improvements in Churn, Retention, Conversion, Attachment, and NPS
- Understand customer segmentation and identify proper differentiation across products, leading to feature and pricing design.
- Report to the CEO and work alongside the rest of the C-Suite
- 6+ years in SaaS product leadership
- 3+ years being accountable for key business metrics as a part of your product team’s performance
- Experience delivering e-commerce products, technologies, and/or platforms
- In-depth understanding of ecommerce landscape, and ability to quickly learn complex tax domain
- Own product roadmaps and update these regularly with key hypotheses and milestones.
- Technical knowledge and ability to effectively communicate and discuss technical requirements with engineers
- Able to distill complex SaaS metrics into product decisions
- Comfortable in an agile development environment
- Experience working within a remote or distributed organization
- Comfortable using tools like Monday, Jira, and Basecamp to communicate roadmaps and projects
- Critical thinking skills and is able to draw insight from incomplete data to make final decisions
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable for your work
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We’ve created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We’re profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We’re always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you’re not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we’ll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.
To apply: https://taxjar.workable.com/jobs/959746