Headquarters: Berlin, Germany
What will you be doing?
As with many young companies, your responsibilities will change over time. However, here are some of the responsibilities we expect you to take on as a Senior Backend Engineer:
- Gathering and processing large volumes of customer data. This means you’ll play a meaningful role in improving a backend that handles bulk raw data processing.
- Supporting the rest of the team in squashing bugs and improving the quality of our main Rails application.
- Contribute to Tech strategy, we will decide together how to evolve the data processing pipelines using technologies that fit our purposes.
- Mentor junior members in the team by relentlessly guarding code quality through pull requests and helping them when they have questions
- Practical experience with machine learning and/or NLP
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology
Sounds interesting? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 7+ years of experience developing high volume and high complexity web applications
- Extensive experience with data processing and PostgreSQL
- You’re accustomed to working in a cross functional and collaborative environment
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages. Mandatory Ruby-on-Rails, and at the least one between Rust, and Go.
- You have a DevOps culture and experience with Docker
- Good knowledge of the fundamentals of software development – how to structure programs and decompose problems, when to apply patterns, and able to select the right paradigm for a task.
- Next to speaking English fluently you are able to understand and translate business requirements
- Passionate about programming. You know how to run code, not just write it.
- A pragmatic individual, who knows when to be hands-on and enjoys taking the lead in challenging situations
- Keen to learn new technologies and practices
- You’re always up for pairing and tackling problems with your colleagues
- Eager to learn, contribute to design and architecture decisions, and inspire change
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
- You’ll join the adventures of an early days company and learn what it means to have a job that is incredible meaning and impactful.
- You’ll become part of a team of nice, awesome and highly dedicated people that all have the same mission: Helping companies to build better businesses.
- You’ll receive a great salary pack.
To apply for this job please visit weworkremotely.com.