Natural Health Sherpa
Headquarters: Charlotte, NC 28202, United States
Want to have fun coding cool, challenging stuff from the comfort of your own home?
Eager to join a team of high-performing, yet humble integrative thinkers that simply get things done?
Excited to be a part a rapidly growing $250 billion+ industry while measurable improving people’s lives?
If so, and you’re a kick-butt, full-stack web developer with an incessant drive towards excellence an unquenchable curiosity, and a get-it-done now mentality, please read on to as we’d love to talk.
Who We Are:
We, Natural Health Sherpa, create simple-to-use products that optimize your metabolism. That allows you to enjoy more energy, feel great and enjoy life. That’s important, because, frustratingly, the world is setup encourage the opposite: low energy, sickness and stress.
We’re an 8-figure company that’s been profitable since our founding in 2010. Over the last 8 years, we’ve developed a deep portfolio of products ranging exercise and nutrition programs to nutraceuticals and functional foods. And now we’re entering an exciting new growth phase whereby we’re re-branding around the main concept all of our products have evolved around: Metabolic Living.
As part of that re-branding, we’re porting our outdated website at www.naturalhealthsherpa.com to our modernized content platform we’re building at www.metabolicliving.com and rolling our a state-of-the-art mobile app. As part of this migration, we have a number of exciting development projects in the works, including re-architecting our e-commerce and analytics system.
We are a very marketing-driven organization and spend heavily on Google Ads and Facebook, which is why we have a heavy systems-focus on performance, analytics and split testing. We build core functionality ourselves as it gives us a competitive edge. To that end, our technology team’s mission is to create a highly scalable, near zero down-time set of marketing-driven systems.
We’re riding the $250+ billion annual tidal wave of demand for natural health products. And we’re positioning our new brand to be right on top of that wave. It is an extremely exciting time for us now.
Our nutrition courses and exercise programs are designed to deliver the most results in the least time. For example, our exercise videos deliver the same or better benefits in just 15 minutes, 3 times a week than do traditional exercise programs that require 60 minutes, 5 times a week. Yes, really.
You can see an example of one of our exercise products at http://www.metabolicrenewal.com as our e-commerce happens on product-specific websites for now. All e-commerce will happen on http://www.metabolicliving.com as part of the re-branding.
We also formulate state-of-the-art nutritional supplements and functional foods that fuel your metabolism to generate the energy you need to consistently perform at your peak. For example, instead of taking weeks to notice a difference, it takes just days to feel better.
We practice what we preach: our company is designed so everyone on our team both enjoys their work challenges while having plenty of time to do what they most in their life. We recruit only high-performing, humble people who produce in fast cycles, hold themselves accountable and have fun.
Who We Need:
We’re scouring the U.S. for a full-time, consumer-oriented full-stack web developer. It is a remote/work-at-home position with a very flexible work/vacation schedule. Lifestyle is hugely important to our company given what we do.
The ideal person is extremely self-motivated, loves to grind out work consistently and is comfortable being hands-on in all facets of web engineering from the browser-to-the-code-to-the-server.
This opportunity is suited only for a high-performing full-stack developer with an integrative mindset and proven ability to get things done cleanly and on time.
“Consumer-oriented” simply means developer is very focused on the end-user, with deep experience working on systems that support marketing efforts, like building funnels, e-commerce, analytics, subscriptions, payment processing, API integrations, etc.
You will work hand-in-hand with our existing CTO to optimize, support and manage our entire web infrastructure. You and a small, but highly efficient team of other developers, will form our core development team, have the ability to cover for each other as vacation and other needs arise, but also to work synergistically on separate projects.
Just as we obsess about creating healthy living products that get the most results in the least time, we’re looking for someone equally obsessed about doing the same thing with beautiful, efficient code.
While your coding skills are important, it’s how fast you process information, how quickly (and accurately) you can cycle through work and how well you work with the rest of our team that’s crucial. To that end, communication is key to this role, and so is the ability to remain self-motivated while working on tasks that can be repetitive. And the ability to turn a business conversation into an actionable set of dev tasks that you can jump on immediately is crucial.
Finally, and most importantly, we’re looking for someone who can collaborate in real-time with the company’s founder, who manages our marketing and advertising. This can require real-time communication throughout the day based on our heavy advertising spend (can reach $50k / day). Moreover, because much of this advertising happens on the weekend, being available for mission-critical support should any emergencies appear is crucial.
What the Ideal Candidate Looks Like:
- Deep experience as an end-to-end application/web architect responsible for every single part of the project including requirements gathering, project management, system architecture, infrastructure setup, coding, integrating with third parties and documenting and testing.
- Heavy marketing-systems focus with deep experience in e-commerce, payment processing, split testing, funnel development, analytics, page speed optimization, API integrations, etc.
- 10+ years’ experience as a software engineer/web developer with recent, applicable focus on database-driven web applications on a LAMP stack.
- Ability to build complex PHP applications quickly, efficiently, and under pressure. Our application stack runs on CodeIgniter, so working knowledge of that framework is a plus.
- Just as good with SQL as you are with PHP with ability to write ad-hoc queries for data extracts by hand, optimize tables with 100s of millions of rows, and built new, smart database schemas.
- Understanding of web performance optimization.
- Basic understanding of algorithms, data structures, and time complexity analysis / big-O notation.
- Solid knowledge of Linux, Apache, and general infrastructure/server configuration and administration.
- You’re a self-starter who can take initiative and run with the ball without having to be told what to do and you love analyzing seemingly intractable problems and devising creative solutions.
- You’re a strong project manager who can scope out technical requirements based on business needs, define deliverables, create a project plan and then execute and deliver upon that plan.
- You’re available during normal ET business hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) with occasional off-hour support during critical business events.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You’ll be working on a healthy mix of front-end and back end projects.
- Primary focus will be adding features and functionality to our direct response software platform (LAMP), integrating with 3rd party tools, optimizing our web infrastructure and creating workflow automation modules.
- Designing, maintaining and enhancing internal systems, programs and web applications, including e-commerce, marketing campaign tracking, content management and more.
- Building and improving existing and new analytics and reports using MySQL, large datasets, and a custom-build replication and data warehouse engine.
- Manage asset, code, and database deployments to managed servers and cloud servers, as well as building or finding tools to improve and automate the deployment and testing process.
- Proactively suggest ways to improve any system you work with, looking for opportunities to use technology to deliver clear, measurable value to the business.
5 Key Attributes We Look For:
- Quickly Engages – Attacks projects immediately, doing just the right amount of planning to avoid analysis paralysis, constantly pushing and maintaining high intensity.
- Takes Ownership – Takes personal responsibility for projects due to a deep sense of pride, going the extra mile, constantly surprising, solving problems proactively.
- Produces Results – Prioritizes work based on what’s most impactful to company, while deftly cycling through tasks to produce the most meaningful results the fastest.
- Relentlessly Persists – Embraces get-it-done attitude, relentlessly attacks problems at different angles until something works, staying resilient until the task is done.
- Collaborates Smoothly – Gels well within or across teams, respecting others, communicating candidly, no hidden agendas, coordinating effectively so things get done faster.
What You’ll Enjoy from Us:
- Highly Competitive Salary – This respects the fact that you are a needle in a haystack, a true high-performer that any company would die for to have you on their team.
- Flexible Benefits – We can customize your benefits to your specific situation, rather than forcing you to accept something that may not make sense for you.
- Work-from-Home – A fantastic work-from-home lifestyle with flexible hours when needed with ability to carve out time to do what you love.
- Curated Team – Peace of mind knowing we only recruit high-performing, humble people and that you’ll be surrounded by a supportive, high-energy team that respects you and your work.
If this sounds like a good fit, if you’re excited to do something challenging and meaningful that preserves your ability to enjoy life to the fullest, then please apply ASAP as we can’t wait to meet you!
To apply for this job please visit weworkremotely.com.