Six to Start
Headquarters: London, UK
We are looking for a senior full stack web developer.
Our flagship apps – Zombies, Run! and The Walk – combine innovative real-world interaction and gameplay with captivating stories and design. In short, we make exercising fun. We want to find someone who can help us maintain and improve our existing apps and develop new experiences that are just as revolutionary and innovative.
As web developer at Six to Start, you will be primarily responsible for sustaining and improving the infrastructure that powers Zombies, Run!, an app with 5 million downloads. You’ll work with a fully remote development team and be able to make an impact straight away.
You’ll be enabling the native mobile clients, along with maintaining and developing various user-facing applications. You’ll need to be able to work independently and be happy taking initiatives on features. Most importantly, it’ll be very important to manage complexity with confidence while developing at a rapid pace.
While there is a lot of responsibility in the role, you will have freedom in implementation and if wanted, a strong voice in the outcome of finished products that will roll into the arms of the product’s many fans.
Responsibilities and Requirements
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong back end skills, with preferred experience in Python 2.7, Python 3, Django, Flask, PostgreSQL.
- Experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining REST APIs.
- Writes clean, maintainable code, and is familiar with TDD, git, pull request workflow.
- Experience with Linux sysadmin and devops tasks.
- Familiarity with Linode and AWS.
- Experience with remote working.
- Good team communication skills in general, and English in particular.
Also, highly desirable:
- Experience in a related field (e.g. UI/UX design, sound engineering, etc.)
- Familiarity with Sketch.
- An interest in fitness apps/experiences, and wearable devices.
- Experience in automated testing.
Pay is competitive, and dependent on experience.
To apply for this job please visit weworkremotely.com.