Headquarters: Washington, DC
In 2017, one billion immigrants worldwide sent over $600 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
How you’ll help us achieve it
As we move money all over the world at increasing scale, we need technology to do the heavy lifting to accurately account for our financials. We’re looking for a full stack engineer to join our Finance Team to build technology that can generate financial information for the broader company and support our financial operations. You’ll also work with other members of the Finance Team to jointly build financial tools for Team Leads across the company.
In your first few months, you’ll
- Implement an internal API upon which we can build financial dashboards.
- Implement a finance dashboard/interface to allow team members outside of finance to answer financial questions about our business (ex. “What is our revenue from product ‘x’?”).
- Minimum 3 years professional experience as a full stack engineer.
- Work authorization in the country in which you intend to be based.
You might be a good fit if you
- Know your way around a database, can write queries using SQL, and draw conclusions from quantitative data.
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done. You don’t mind doing things manually and dealing with schlep but automate your work when possible.
- Are inquisitive, intellectually curious and can make sense of complex systems or information.
- Can easily communicate with non-technical folks and translate their feedback into code.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change.
Bonus points if you
- Are excited to spend several weeks, or more, in Senegal in order to understand our business there
- Are based in Europe or Africa
- Possess hands-on experience with any of the following technologies: ReactJS, GraphQL and Python
To apply: Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. If interested, please send our Head of Growth, Taryn McKenzie Mohr (firstname.lastname@example.org), a resume as well as a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role. Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. [...]
To apply for this job please visit weworkremotely.com.