Calculating what you are owed for your car injury claim is a complex operation, which is why your best course of action if to use injury lawyers to make the claim for you. Among other things they will need to know what sort of car accident you had, was it:
- A solo event, no other vehicle involved, maybe caused by a pothole that should have been repaired, or a tree that got in the way.
- An accident with another car, or maybe several other cars.
- Caused by a bus or lorry
- An accident with a cyclist, or a motorbike
- A pedestrian that caused the problem
Once they know what type of accident you were in they can move on to the next step, what injuries did you sustain? There are an untold number of injuries that can be the result of a car accident, such injuries as:
- Head and brain injuries
- Back and spine injuries
- Facial injuries
- Eye injuries
- Joint damage
- Internal injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Soft tissue injuries
Some of these injuries can be life changing for the victim and those close to them, and the impact on the life of the victim needs accounting for when the injury lawyers gets to Calculate What you’re Owed.
The material things that can be itemised
Apart from the pain and suffering, anxiety and trauma caused by the accident, the solicitors at UK Claim Lawyers will want to recover any costs or losses you have incurred because of the accident. Ant material things that can be itemised, such as:
- Loss of earnings, past and future
- Travel costs to and from medical appointments
- Medical expenses for anything you cannot get free on the NHS
- Care costs if you need help to look after yourself, whether temporary or permanent
- Childcare if you need extra help with your children while you recover
- Home adaption costs if things need altering in your home for you to be able to cope with your injuries
- Cost of jobs you would have done around the house and garden
- In the case of a fatality the funeral and probate costs can be claimed.
Now making the calculation
Once the lawyers have all this information, they will be able to start to calculate what you are owed for your car injury claim. This is not an easy process and would be time consuming, complex and traumatic for the layperson to try and do this themselves. For injury lawyers it is an every day occurrence and they have the experience and expertise to do it quickly and efficiently, taking all the stress of a claim off your shoulders.
They do all this without wanting any money from you to start the work. All UK Claim Lawyers operate on a no win, no fee basis, so if for some reason your claim should prove to be unsuccessful, they will still not want any money from you.
You have nothing to lose by contacting us, and might have a great deal to gain.
Featured image License All rights reserved by patrickmcknightlaw