Insurance is considered to be an expense by most. It’s true indeed that insurance is an expense, but it’s necessary for a traveler irrespective of whether he or she’s traveling at home or abroad. Traveling is fun, but it can also prove to be stressful at times. Fact remains that accidents do happen and there’s always the possibility of unexpected complications even while traveling. Whether you travel by train, bus, ship, car or air, it’s never a good idea to travel without . There are insurance hazards involved undoubtedly when traveling with insurance; however, traveling without insurance includes hazards that can be far more dangerous and have long term consequences.
01. You can’t recoup any loss: The ability to insurance plan enables you to get refund on the money that you had spent in planning a trip.
02. Your health is at stake: Fact remains that your health is precious. Now, when you’re traveling without any medical insurance, then recoup your loss especially in the event of cancellation of your holiday package is something that you can’t think of in case you’re traveling without insurance. Only you don’t stand a chance of getting adequate medical care when traveling in a foreign destination.
03. You’re not protected: Believe it or not, insurance might not prevent accidents altogether, but it definitely acts as a shield to a great extent, more so when you’re traveling. For instance, if you don’t have any travel insurance, then you don’t stand protected against the most devastating and unexpected expenses that you can possibly encounter as a traveler. You’re not covered under the Emergency Evacuation Coverage, hence you don’t get the crucial benefits of airlifts, ambulance requirements, med-flights and likewise.
04. You might experience delays and loss: If you don’t have any Baggage Delay travel insurance, then you’ll not be entitled to any reimbursement for the theft or misplacement of your personal belongings, or to the reimbursement of the cost of stolen, damaged or lost luggage. Moreover, not traveling with a Travel Delay program means you shall not be entitled to any coverage for the expenses that you might incur due to sinking ships, hijacked flights or delayed trains and so on.
2. You don’t get good communication: Most importantly, not traveling without proper insurance means you don’t have access to the vital lifelines that’ll help you as a traveler when dealing with issues like lost passport, medical emergencies, stolen baggage, canceled flights, etc. The basic travel insurance packages are known to assist you in the searches for local hospitals, emergency prescription replacements, locating lost baggage, replacing damaged baggage, medical treatment irrespective of language barriers, basic travel guidance, recovery and replacement of lost travel documents and passports, etc.
Remember, this is after all a world that’s punctuated with hazardous activities, identity theft, rental car thieves, plus an entire gamut of other confused activities. There can be possible calamities that as a traveler even you should be aware of. It’s extremely important that you be aware of the major obstacles that can lie along your route and the kind of dangers that might be lurking along your path. It’s a good idea to have fun, but it’s even more important to plan well. You should take time to consider and plan diligently about your insurance plans taking into consideration the hazards that are involved when traveling without insurance.
Sam is a financial writer and a blogger. He writes content on insurance topics and gets them published across the web.