Apart from hard work and smart work, there are some unconventional lessons that one needs to learn to achieve great heights in one’s own business:
01. Working on the same thing over and over is not going to help anyone. There are wide varieties of opportunities waiting in the outside world. There are always more offers and deals than the ones you are working at right now. The best way to find them is just to walk away and explore the openings around you.
02. Mean and vindictive officials suck the patience and inspiration out of anyone. If one such person is going to be your boss, then it can get even worse. The best way to get out of such a scenario is to avoid those kinds of mean people.
03. The only way to improve your business is to sell what you make. If you believe in what your business does, you may also want the public to benefit from what you make. If you are not going to sell something, then there exist possibilities of losing everything.
04. For any business, employees are the biggest assets. Working together is sure to fetch you success. Take time in deciding who to hire considering the long-term return you would need from them.
05. Even the small details of your work matters a lot to the clients.
06. Attitude matters more than your actions. The tone of your voice and presentation of speech is going to be more important than what you say. Greet with a firm handshake and make sure you keep an eye contact with whomsoever you converse, be it an employee or a customer or the boss.
07. It is not the plan, but it is the people involved in those plans that fail. So once you get the employees and customers on track, the plans are sure to ensue as expected.
08. Dream big and do big. Stop being economical, believe in the outcome of your business and invest in your success.
09. Dedication and willingness to work decides your position. In business, it is involvement that confirms your success.
10. To be successful, you have to be unique. You are not going to be a choice for your customers unless you give them something new. It is your innovation that is going to portray you with a difference, or else you simply join the club of customer’s confusion.
11. Get the bills paid before the due date. This would help in managing the cash flow.
12. The skilled professionals have a suggestion to make at every decision you formulate. But believe and work at your own opinion first and then try hard to prove to them that you can also make the correct choices.
13. Do not compensate with ‘better’ results. Analyze what would give the ‘best’ results and then struggle to achieve it.
14. Care for the results you get out of your work to such an extent that it may even bring tears.
15. Recruit employees who want to be better and updated. Only such workforce would help you achieve the best results. The egoists are not going to be helpful when needed.
16. When something is going wrong, take time to think and help others.
17. Communicate frequently, either through emails or calls. It is your message that matters and not the device you use to communicate.
18. Dream and execute your plans. It keeps your business going.
19. Even if you feel like celebrating your success, act as if you are used to such victories. Rejoicing a lot is a sign of weakness.
20. Leave off your stupidity, laziness, and selfishness while trying to do something amazing.
21. Accept your mistake and apologize at the right time. It proves your humanity to the public.
22. When your clients are emotional, your logic is of no concern.
23. Give the best choices to your customers for they need a dream.
24. Do not drop heart if you are losing. Keep trying, and that would take you to greater heights.
25. Do not show off about the success and stop acting dominative. Such attitude is going to take you nowhere.
26. Talk to your clients about the bad things that had happened in your business.
27. Cut off the unnecessary costs but not your sales.
28. Be drastically different.
29. Time is gold. Do things rightly at the first attempt itself; there is no time to rectify.
30. Even if it is business, try being emotional. Care for your people, and they would care for you too.
31. Stop bragging about the previous achievements for the sake of concealing the things you have done wrong.
32. Do not expect to win everybody in your field.
33. Life is lived only once. So stop being a bore and take risks. No one knows what luck has in hand for you.
34. Act kind.
35. You got to be really amazing rather than just being good.
36. It is hard work that matters even more than your smart work.